CEO - Whistleblower Aid
Whistleblower Aid, a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity, is the leading organization providing direct legal representation to individuals disclosing government and corporate lawbreaking, without breaking the law. Our bespoke legal, media and security services set the global standard for client safety and public impact.
The CEO will lead the organization as it transitions from start-up to established institution with global impact. In collaboration with the Founder, the CEO will create a strategic plan to cover the next five years of Whistleblower Aid’s existence. Beyond the strategic plan, the CEO will be responsible for all aspects of the organization.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Founder, a five-year strategic plan
Lead efforts around development and fundraising
- Design and implement, in conjunction with program staff, new strategic initiatives in alignment with the strategic plan, such as expansion into criminal justice and environmental matters
- Management and oversight of all internal operational areas, including finance, HR, facilities, IT, administration, risk and vendor management
- Manage and oversee all communications and marketing, including press outreach and advertising campaigns targeting prospective clients
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, funders, journalists, partnering law firms, and others
- Hiring, managing and inspiring new staff
- Ownership and oversight of all physical and digital security protocols
- At least ten years of executive leadership / management experience in business, non-profit or government, or at least three years of leadership / management experience in a legal setting
- Proven ability to manage multiple high-level strategic relationships
- Experience with startups a plus
- A track record of successful sales and marketing or fundraising
- Experience with the press is a plus, but not required
- Experience with non-profit fundraising a plus, but not required
- This position may require some international and national travel (when it is safe to do so)
- Candidates must agree to a full background check before being granted employment with Whistleblower Aid
- This position is in Washington, DC
- $150,000 to $300,000, depending on experience
- Generous health benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
Whistleblower Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, socioeconomic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, natural hairstyle(s) associated with race or ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, or the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via the encrypted Signal app to +1.201.773.1371.
About Whistleblower Aid
Please see these links for news coverage of some of our recent work or check out our press page.
USA TODAY: A GoFundMe has raised over $70k to cover legal fees for anonymous Ukraine whistleblower
The New Yorker: How a C.I.A. Coverup Targeted a Whistle-blower